Monday, January 30, 2017

Roasted Pear-Pomegranate Salad

Divine! I have to admit, this was my first time roasting pears. I have obviously enjoyed them raw on a regular basis and have even poached them from time to time for a dessert... I have cooked them in cobblers and pies, too. Yet, somehow, I had never simply roasted a pear. This salad will change that forever. The pears were absolutely delicious. The roasting brought out the natural sweetness, caramelizing without adding sugar. I snacked on them straight from the pan and I had to stop myself to ensure there were enough to go in the salad!

I customized a little bit, but this recipe is adapted from a Wegmans recipe. You'll also note that it makes use of their own lemon vinaigrette. While I do love Wegmans and purchased this vinaigrette, you can easily make something similar on your own. Either simply dress with your favorite balsamic vinegar and olive oil or else mix in a little fresh lemon juice. No matter, simply let the pears shine and you will not be sorry.

Time: 1 hr


Roasted Pear-Pomegranate Salad
Ingredients:
4 red pears, cored, cut into 8 wedges
2 tbsp olive oil
1/4 tsp black pepper
10 oz baby arugula
1 c roasted, unsalted cashews
3/4 c pomegranate arils
1/4 c Wegmans Organic Lemon Vinaigrette
2 oz crumbled goat cheese

Get your oven pre-heating to 450 degrees. Toss the pears in a large bowl with the olive oil and black pepper. Place a piece of parchment paper on a cookie sheet. Spread the pears out evenly and bake for 35-45 minutes. They should be golden brown and caramelized on the bottom. Set aside and let them cool.

Combine the arugula, cashews, and pomegranate arils in a large salad bowl. Drizzle the vinaigrette over the top and toss well to coat evenly. Sprinkle with goat cheese. Place pears on top. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment