Friday, November 25, 2016

Mushroom-Hazelnut Tagliatelle

Okay, so it's not the healthiest meal I've ever made, but it's certainly not bad either, and sometimes you really just need a comforting plate of pasta. Besides, I'm a sucker for all things mushroom and this dish highlights the best fungus ever produced by nature. What's not to love?

Doubling down on the carbs, I paired this meal with some garlic bread. Typically I like to make my own, but as regular readers know, balancing a baby with my career and other responsibilities means that as much as I love cooking, shortcuts are now far more welcome than they used to be. While I'll still whip up my own garlic bread at times, this weeknight meal meant I purchased a frozen garlic bread from my neighborhood grocery and popped it in the oven. The best garlic bread I've ever had? No, but it sure did hit the spot as this meal came together in under half an hour.

Time: 20 min

Mushroom-Hazelnut Tagliatelle
Ingredients:
8.8 oz (1 package) dried tagliatelle
2 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp dried Rosemary
1/8 tsp red pepper flakes
1/4 c shallots, diced
24 oz baby bella mushrooms, sliced
1 c hazelnuts, toasted and chopped
1/2 c grated Parmesan
2 tbsp truffle oil
1/4 tsp black pepper

Cook the tagliatelle according to the instructions on the package. When you drain the pasta, reserve 1 cup of the cooking liquid.

Heat a pan over medium heat. Add the olive oil, swirling to coat. Add the rosemary and pepper flakes, stirring and sauteing for 30 seconds. Add the shallots and mushrooms and saute for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally to keep from burning. You want these veggies to get a bit caramelized.

Add the hazelnuts and toss well. Then add the cooked pasta, reserved 1 cup cooking liquid, and cheese. Toss well to combine. Divide onto plates. Drizzle the truffle oil over the top and sprinkle evenly with black pepper. Enjoy!

Please note: This recipe was adapted from a Wegman's recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment