Thursday, December 31, 2009

Italian Herbed Shrimp Kebabs

Happy New Year! And with it come some delicious Italian Herbed Shrimp Kebabs. Because who doesn't enjoy a good shrimp kebab? These ones are juicy and delicious with a delicate seasoning that blends together perfectly and provides just the level of flavor that you are looking for. I promise!

I served the shrimp kebabs with my favorite Cajun Fingerling potatoes and some good ol' broccoli with cheese, both of which you will see pictured above. The Fingerling potatoes have been included on my blog previously. Not in the mood for potatoes? This meal would also pair excellently with rice and some steamed veggies.

Difficulty: Easy
Time: 25 minutes (with Fingerlings, 1 hr)
Drink: Gewurztraminer

Italian Herbed Shrimp Kebabs
Once again, this one largely comes from another source, I must admit. But true to form I branched out a bit too.

To start you'll prepare the herbs which is very similar to pesto without the pine nuts and lots of olive oil.. but hey, it still includes basil. I skipped the parsley since to me it's always been a space holder. I'd rather just include more basil and cilantro. I also totally skipped the "let stand at room temperature" step since to me that's rather useless... why do I need to let something stand at room temperature? I want to eat already!

The rest of the recipe is fairly straight forward. You'll prepare your kebabs and grill. As usual, as an apartment-bound girl I used my handy-dandy Foreman grill quite happily. Keep in mind shrimp cooks quickly and while you want it to cook all of the way through you also do not want to overcook or the shrimp will get rubbery. Keep an eye on them and watch for the translucent tinge to disappear. You can also add other veggies to the kebabs as well - red bell peppers and onions work particularly well here but go ahead and experiment if you have other favorites or other things look good. Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Italian and kebabs is an interesting combination. I'd like to try it

    ReplyDelete